10.20.2009

{ lessons learned }

The past month I have had to deal with some personal demons in my life. Things like pride, forgiveness, jealousy...to name a few. Here's a few thoughts that I've had running through my mind.

"Just say no."


"You are only responsible for YOUR actions,
everyone else has to answer for their own.."


"Don't judge a book by it's cover."


"You can't make everyone happy."


"God's greatest gift is answered prayers."


"Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10"


There are several sessions and weddings already booked in my 2010 calendar (that I am most definitely looking forward to!), but after much prayer I have decided to slow down and dramatically cut the number of photo shoots I will be doing in the next year. My body, my mind, and my family needs me to slow down. I'm not saying this to cause an influx of e-mails and requests for session dates. I am simply sharing what's going on with me. Have a wonderful week and enjoy this beautiful weather!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana~

As much as I enjoy looking at all the beautiful pictures on your blog, I enjoyed these words from your heart even more. Thank you for reminding me that God wants us to take care of ourselves and our families and put HIM first. What we do for Him is what will ultimately matter in the end. May He create a clean and right spirit in me too!

Ansley

Katy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.