2.12.2009

joy on a sad day...

The past few weeks have been full of ups and downs for my family. In this really hard economy we are very thankful for my husband's job, but for the past month (only 5-6 months left!) he's had to relocate to Orlando to run a job there and so I am left home during the week as a single Mom. We live for Friday's now :)

In the last four weeks the daughter has gotten an ear infection twice, I managed to get sick with a sinus infection and upper respiratory infection, AND then had to get my wisdom teeth a mere 5 days later...I thank God every day for my Mother, who helped me out tremendously with Darci and with icepacks.

Now here we are at the end of another week and my Meme is in her last days here on Earth. It's hard...her mind is perfect, she knows me, she knows Chris, and Darci adores and loves her. I KNOW she'll be at peace and in absolute perfect health in Heaven, but oh how I will miss her. She is the Godliest woman I have ever known and life will never be the same.

It's days like today that I am reminded how short life is and how blessed we are to have our daughter to give us joy on sad days.




Next time you see your grandmother, hug her just a bit tighter. For me.

5 comments:

monica said...

Isn't it amazing at how God knows exactly what you need and at the right moments...I have always remembered that and I am so thankful for my two boys. Children really do keep our spirits up and force us to keep going and stay positive. You and your family are on my mind...

Garrett Conner said...

prayed for you today

The Panke's said...

Not only should you hug your Grandparents buthugyour children and parents too. They too can be taken so fast without warning, believe me I know this all to well. Reading this made me cryand think.

Anonymous said...

Dana, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! -Dawn

Lyndsay Almeida said...

dana, i'm so sorry about your meme. i really do know how hard it is, so i'm praying for you!